Monday, January 4, 2010

Cheers to a new year... and another degree

The year 2010 has finally arrived. Like most people, I'm excited for what the future holds and eager to move on from a somewhat trying 2009. Although, it has been a little tough I'm proud to say that I started a new endeavor as I thought it would be the perfect time. I recently went back to school to obtain my Master's in Psychology. I am now attending the University of the Rockies and learning all about conflict resolution and mediation - both topics I find very interesting - especially in the marketing world.
A lot of people have asked me why I picked this particular specialization. First, I have always enjoyed Psychology and minored in it in college. Second, I thought that it would supplement my Communication degree nicely. Today, I still think it will supplement my degree nicely, but also arm me with additional valuable communication tools while working with colleagues, employers, clients, friends, and pretty much anyone who I come into contact. Working with people is the biggest (and best) part of having a career in marketing and I think the more I know about how to deal with the people the better I will be and the more fun (and less stressful) life I will lead.

So there you have it.... although I haven't here in a while - I'm back at it and look forward to sharing some of what I learn at graduate school with all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment